25 November 2008

'Til you're stuffed to the brim with it

So I took this from my friend Christi's blog. She said this more eloquently than I could even imagine and I love her for it! Its something I needed to hear, and thought perhaps you may enjoy it as well...

Sometimes, someone who has meant the world to you decides that you aren't too terribly important to them anymore. It might come without warning, and it might come at a horrible time in your life. It might make you sad and it might make you wonder what will happen to all that love you wasted on them.

But I like to think that it's okay. I like to think that love given is never love wasted, no matter who or what you poured it into. And that by giving all that love away, there's now plenty of room in your heart to be given all sorts of love in return, 'til you're stuffed to the brim with it.

Thank you, Miss Christi!

No comments: