18 November 2008

TAG - 6 quirks

"The sisters" got tagged through Mimi's blog, so I figured this would be my place to start. We're supposed to list 6 quirks about ourselves and, like Kim, I'm having troubles narrowing it down to just 6, but here we go...

1) If I'm feeling overly stressed at work I kick off my shoes and sit cross legged at my desk. It relaxes me and helps me to focus for some strange reason. Not only that, but it gives the security guard something to laugh at. Now whenever he passes my office he kicks his feet out towards me to get me to do the same so he can see whether or not I've got shoes on. Its his tool to judge how stressed I am.

2) I am a habitual people-watcher. It doesn't matter whether I'm at work looking out my window, walking downtown, sitting in a restaurant, anything. Wherever I am, I'm looking to see the bits of people that they chose to show society, and wondering why its those bits that they chose to show. So if you're ever trying to talk to me and need 100% of my attention, I suggest you don't do it in a public place.

3) I can't touch metal under water. It makes my teeth hurt. (Yeah Mimi, I totally get you on that one) If I'm doing dishes I have to pull the knife/pan/whatever out of the water and then scrub it, I can't scrub it under water like they show in all the commercials. I also can't scrape metal with my nails, it produces the same teeth-hurting effect. If I ever get anything metal with a sticky price tag on it, someone else has to get it off, or I scrub it with a rag until it rubs off.


4) I'm horrible at surprises. I can keep secrets like a champ normally, but when I'm trying to surprise someone with something I know they'll love I get so excited to see their face that I have a helluva time keeping it to myself.


5) I love anything mini. Mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner from hotels, mini lotions, mini pens and pencils, mini sticky notes (well, I'm obsessed with sticky notes in general, but thats another story) I even have a mini ketchup I got on my last road trip.


6) I'm scared TO DEATH of heights, but get a euphoric high anytime I push past it. Any time I climb a rock and look back down from the top, stand at the edge of a cliff, reach the peak of a rollercoaster, etc. I feel like I've overcome an obstacle that seemed impossible. I'm hoping to take that euphoria to an extreme soon and go sky diving.


** I tag whoever hasn't done it yet who wants to.

1 comment:

Linds said...

hey, it's cousin---just wanted to say that i have a mini bottle of ketchup too. don't know why but i just had to have it.


also, love reading your rants and thoughts---i keep talking to myself and saying, 'oh man, i totally agree,' or 'i know what you mean.' my co-workers think i'm a bit nutso.

anywho, just wanted to say hello :)